This page has moved to a new address.

Cam Long getting praise from local media

George Mason Basketball: Cam Long getting praise from local media

gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cam Long getting praise from local media
















Before this season started there was high hopes for a big year from junior guard Cam Long. Being one of the few veterans on the squad and the team's floor general, it was only natural to expect him to be a big part of any success the Patriots would have this season. Things didn't start out as planned and constant array of in-game cramps hobbled Long for some of the Patriots early games. The Washington Post today details the struggles he had and what he did to overcome it en route to leading Mason to their current win streak:
"The cramping issue was a distraction and I struggled," Long said. "But also part of it was that I felt like I had to score, I had to get assists, I had to motivate everybody. It seemed like I had so much on me. But now I feel like I am at a level where I just have to worry about playing and enjoying yourself. I have a little smile."
The pressure at the beginning of the season had to have been tough on him and it is good to see that he has grow into the role as a team leader. The Examiner has an article today about him getting out of his shooting slump, something I have been most impressed with during this Mason win streak. The switch from point guard to shooting guard has no doubt been a success:
"Rather than having to create my own shot, I can find screens and my teammates are able to help me out more," said Long. "Rather than dribble, dribble, drive, pull up, it's more coming off a screen and having a wide open shot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter