This page has moved to a new address.

Good Riddance Billy Packer

George Mason Basketball: Good Riddance Billy Packer

gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com

Monday, July 14, 2008

Good Riddance Billy Packer

I don't think I have ever been so happy to see a sports commentator go than I am to see Billy Packer leave CBS. Thank you CBS for finally bringing in a new era of accurate commentating and actually getting with the times. There can't be a basketball mid-major fan out there not happy to see him go after his comments about the 2006 NCAA Tournament, where he bashed not only George Mason but Wichita State and Bradley for being selected. Packer stated that between the two conferences these teams came from, they had only won one tournament game in three years despite committee chairman Craig Littlepage repeatedly telling Packer and his colleague Jim Nantz that past tournament performance was not a factor in determining the field. Let's also not forget his lovely little interview from CSTV and he once referred to Allen Iverson as a "tough monkey". Now that's some fine commentating. Clark Kellogg could not have an easier time replacing Packer. Let's see, he must be able to not be racist, not heavily favor bigger conferences at all times, not determine games are "over" in the 1st half, and lastly not call people fags over the air. I don't know Clark, you certainly have your work cut out for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brann...it's good for you. said...

This news put a great, big smile on my face. Later, bastardo.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Trent said...

Thank God...The mid-major witch is dead.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree dude it is so nice seeing him gone. By the way great blog man I really really like it I plan on giving you some press on my blog.

Nate Gonner
gonnersportstalk.blogspot.com

8:24 PM  
Blogger B-Mac98 said...

Absolutely outstanding. Get this dinosaur in the museum where he blongs. I'm looking forward to Nantzy and Kellogg in the booth together. I wish there was room in there for the "nickel dimer" Bill Rafferty, too, but now I'm just dreaming. didn't read the article, but will Seth Davis fly solo in the studio, or will they add another face?

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter