This page has moved to a new address.

Smith Shines In Blow Out

George Mason Basketball: Smith Shines In Blow Out

gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Smith Shines In Blow Out

What a relief it was to witness the Patriots finally beat down on someone even if it was the Florida International Golden Panthers. Remember them; the school whose football team got in a melee with Miami earlier in the year resulting in about 30 players being suspended. No brawl in this game but Mason sure had their way with them. I still don't understand how Will Thomas didn't have 30 points in this game considering the caliber of players guarding him, but I won't complain since we won. 10 Patriots scored in this game and Dre Smith was the only one in double digits scoring 20. I was waiting for when this kid was finally gonna get some more playing time. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Smith has great shooting touch and created a lot of shots for himself, something I have not seen other Patriots do often enough. Smith also showed off his quickness Monday night, reminding us a little of Tony Skinn. Maybe thats why hes wearing #1 this year. I am curious to see if Smith can keep this up against stiffer competition because I think he has game-breaking skills that are just waiting to be unleashed.

On a side note I am sad to hear that Sammy Hernandez is transferring. The Puerto Rico native wants to be closer to home and apparently couldn't handle the winters here in the Fairfax. I know the real reason hes transferring and his name is Jesus. With Urbina's return and freshman Louis Birdsong in the mix, Sammy is the odd man out at the 3 or 4 position. You hate to lose anyone with NCAA tournament experience, but his departure will open up another scholarship for the future; and the way our current recruiting is going that makes me very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter