This page has moved to a new address.

Corey Edwards and Vaughn Gray commit to George Mason

George Mason Basketball: Corey Edwards and Vaughn Gray commit to George Mason

gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Corey Edwards and Vaughn Gray commit to George Mason

ESPN is reporting that recruit Vaughn Gray has committed to George Mason and Coach Larranaga today. Gray is a 6'5" SG/SF from St. Benedict's Prep in New Jersey and does a lot of things well. He seems like he will be a wing player in Coach L's system proving athletic versatility to a position he will most likely share with Luke Hancock and Paris Bennett. It was reported earlier that Siena was high on Gray's list so his visit to Mason Madness Friday night must have sealed the deal.

Here are some quotes from ZagsBlog:
"It fits all my needs,” he said. “I just felt comfortable there. It was a great academic school. I love the area. I got family down here. My aunt lives down here. I just feel like I love the team, the atmosphere. I felt comfortable with Coach [Jim] Larranaga and I felt it was a great opportunity for me.”

UPDATE: Corey Edwards has also committed to George Mason today. Edwards is a PG from Christ the King in New York, the same high school Ryan Pearson attended so no doubt he played a role in the Patriots getting this commitment. This verbal from Edwards means the team won't be getting PG Shane Larkin who was at Mason Madness Friday night also. If I'm not mistaken the team only had two scholarship offers to give.

Here is a quote from Edwards from Zagsblog about his visit:
"I liked the whole atmosphere, the crowd, the team, the coaches,”

Also Gray and Edwards have actually played together before:
As for playing with Edwards, Gray added: “That’s my man. We knew each other for a long time, playing at New Heights and with the Playaz. We definitely had a relationship.” 

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome weekend for Mason!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edwards scouting seems like hes a pass first type PG, can never have too many of those!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would have liked to have gotten Larkin but you can't be upset with this commitment.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter